Sunday, September 30, 2007

Holy shit... That's all I have to say. My Cintiq has arrived and this thing is bigger than I thought it would be. I had to clear some desk space to fit this bad boy in my studio. At last minute I thought to myself, I should take out my camera and make a quick little animation of the box opening and the Cintiq popping out. But as you can tell by the short vid I made, I just wanted to open the thing up and play with it.



I have to admit that drawing on this will take a little less time to get use to than the Intuos tablets. It only took a night really. After calibrating the pen and the screen to my liking, I just took off and made a this quickie in Photoshop.

3 hours of noodling around.

This is the closest thing that comes to drawing on paper. I removed the pen nib that is supplied with it and popped in the #2 pencil nib and it blew my mind. A non-slippery surface to draw on put my mind at ease.

I don't have the worlds best camera as of yet so i apologize for the poor picture quality. But here it is in all its glory sitting pretty at my Creation Station.

No comments: